Lithium ion batteries, while generally described as "safe," have been known to vent hot gasses and in some cases, explode. The leading cause of a venting battery is a hard short. The Vape Safe is a mechanical fuse that trips if it senses a short in the mod by shutting down the battery. The Vape Safe can also help protect variable voltage circuitry, hot springs and other circuitry inside your mod that can be damaged in the case of a hard short.
- Protects against hard shorts in 3.7V single battery devices as well as 6V-7.4V stacked battery devices. Should fit in nearly any 16/18 series battery mod.
- Protects batteries during charging
- Prevents Hot Springs from collapsing
- Protects variable voltage and other circuitry
- From EPipeMods, Cherry Vape and Artisan Vaping
If the Vape Safe Protection Circuit is triggered your mod will cease to operate. Once a fuse has blown it is no longer operational and the Vape Safe will then need to be replaced.
Does The Vape Safe make a Mod Absolutely, 100% Safe? The answer is no. No one safety feature alone can guarantee the battery will not fail thermally. When properly used, The Vape Safe can help to prevent potential thermal reaction from occurring in lithium ion batteries. It does not mean "absolutely safe," but in most situations the Vape Safe fuse will stop a hard short, and it does provide a measure of safety when used with lithium ion cells. When used in combination with mods that already have safety features built in, you are exponentially increasing the likelihood that thermal battery failure will not occur.